- ticket title
- iPhone Malaysia Promotion
- Genting Awana Skyway Ticket Price Machine and Operating Hours 2018
- Heavy Vehicles will be banned on highways – Chinese New Year 2018 (Road Ban)
- IOI Mall Puchong 2018 Once Upon A Time CNY Decoration
- PROTON Boyue 2018 has been sighted at PROTON Centre of Excellence (CoE)
The governor of Antique province, Rhodora Cadiao, told local radio that she had asked mine operator Semirara Mining and the Power Corporation to suspend operations until the buried workers were found.
“Three workers were found and brought to a hospital but they were declared dead on arrival,” Ms Cadiao said, adding rescue teams were using heavy equipment to recover the six people buried by the collapsed coal mine.
She said it was raining heavily for days on the mine site on an island off the main island of Panay in the central Philippines.
“The accident happened around 3:00am while the workers were working on a water system,” Ms Cadiao said.
Semirara Mining and Power Corp chief executive Isidro Consunji said there were only nine workers at the site when the accident happened and confirmed at least three were buried alive by the landslide.
Semirara, a unit of Philippine conglomerate DMCI Holdings, is the country’s largest coal miner.
In 2013, five people died and five others were never recovered in a landslide in the coal mine on Semirara island.